Monday, July 27, 2015

'Answered prayers' by Kerry

Good morning from a sunny & warm Cochabamba!

It has been a busy & Spirit filled time with the congregation at Florida Norte these past few days, and it is a true gift to be here once again. I’ll admit that I was nervous I had over committed myself when I felt the Lord calling me to both Jackson, MS and Bolivia this summer with only two days in between the trips. I figured two days would give me enough time to get some sleep, do laundry and repack my clothes into my suitcase, and get some grocery shopping done. Well I got two out of the three tasks done, but just couldn't make it to the grocery store. As I got on the plane Wednesday morning headed for Bolivia, I was exhausted. I had no idea how I was going to rally for another 10 days away from home. I was also not prepared for all that I was supposed to be sharing with the congregation at Florida Norte. I began praying on the plane for strength, energy, peace, and preparedness that could come only from the Lord—and He answered!! I very clearly heard him say “Kerry where you are weak, I am strong and you may not have all the words to share with Florida Norte yet, but I do.” It was difficult, but I had to fully put my trust in that and let go of all my anxiety, stress and fear.

I have had the opportunity to lead a devotional at the women’s group and share a message during the young adult group. I am not sure I have ever felt the Lord’s presence as strongly as I did speaking to the young adult group on Saturday night. God is reminding me that when I fully trust & rely on Him, He is going to do great things!

Thank you for your prayers, and for being senders. God is good!

-Kerry


No comments:

Post a Comment